Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3D Paper Snowflake

3D Paper Snowflake

Neona made these one year at school and I thought they were so cool. I would have never thought of this one on my own. I think they look much nicer than the regular paper snowflakes.

All you need is a regular sheet of printer paper, scissors, and a stapler. Take the sheet of paper and fold the bottom up about one inch. Then continue to fold up the paper doing the accordion fold also known as the fan fold. When the paper is all folded put a staple in the center.

Now you can start to make your cuts. You want to make your cuts match on both sides so the snowflake gets a nice pattern. When all the cuts are made you open up the snowflake like you would a fan. (sometimes the paper needs additional cuts to open all of the way) I am always in a hurry so I staple the sides together. If you have more time you can glue them together.

Now you have a pretty paper snowflake that is ready to be hung up with a string.

No comments:

Post a Comment