Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Think and Make It Happen

Think and Make It Happen


I have been reading this book. Yes, I am still reading it. Well, I should say I am rereading it. It is one of those books that has to be read more than once. It takes time to change your thoughts and your life. Negative thoughts become a habit and habits are hard to break.



I look at this book as more like a textbook to be studied with principles to learn. This book might not be a huge thick book but it is stuffed full of great information. After reading it the first time I decided to go back and take notes. There is way too much information to just read it and have it all sink in.

I recommend reading it a chapter at a time. What I really like doing is rereading the same chapter every night before bed. This helps me look at how my day went. Did I use all of the ideas I learned during my day or did I fall back into some old negative habits? I can go over my whole day in my mind while rereading the chapter. I can also think about how I should have done some things differently.

This book shows us how much we let our thoughts control our lives. We need to take charge of our lives and control our thoughts instead. When Dr Augusto Cury talks about the difference between reacting and responding it really made me think. I am often quick to react to things and later when I think about it I wish I would have handled things differently. We need to stop and take time to think so we can respond rather than just reacting.

"Think and Make It Happen" is full of great tools to help you have a more healthy way of thinking. It can enrich your mental, emotional, and spiritual life. Your thoughts really do change how you live your life and how your life ends up. Now is the time to change your thoughts and make your life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment